Rosacea is a complex problem that will not go away by itself, if it is not treated, it will become worse. It can cause devastating psychological and social problems in addition to its physical effects.
Rosacea is a vascular disorder that exhibits visible changes and reactions on and within the skin such as:
- Flushing redness on cheeks, nose, forehead and chin
- Erythema (swelling), inflammation
- Small blisters, red bumps, pimples
- Heat weals
- Watery itchy eyes
- Bulbous nose (in extreme cases)
- Noticeable pores, baggy cheeks, in very severe rosacea, fibroplasias, distorted facial features
- Sensations include; stinging, burning, hot itchy rashes
Researchers believe that hereditary as well as environmental factors are to blame; even more recent research has shown evidence that Helicobacter Pylori bacterium the same bacteria that gets in the gut and causes reflux and stomach ulcers has been detected in Rosacea. Stress is also a contributing factor in that elevated levels of cortisol over a prolonged period suppress the immune system and inflammatory conditions occur.
The lymphatic system as well as the vascular system and the immune responses, the Langerhans cell, keratinocyte must all work in synergy. Whenever one of these is compromised the skins barrier defence systems are breaking down and consequently vascular disorders or reactive rosacea forms.
The wet oily look that the skin often has is not due to oil, but fast trans-epidermal water loss, when the acid mantle and ceramides are non-existent the skin loses its vital water, this again exacerbates the inflammation which is a major player in rosacea.
By understanding, the need for balance and harmony underneath the skin, not to mention how important it is to have a good immune system. Therefore, we can conclude that essential fatty acid deficiency or an impaired acid mantle would be two major contributors to Rosacea.
A mite that lives in hair follicles is believed to clog oil glands and get into the capillaries network leading to inflammation and rosacea.
A bacterium that causes intestinal infection is also believed to be a contributing factor to Rosacea.
Rosacea can affect all segments of the population, more so people with fair skin.
Asthma, eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis, and rheumatoid arthritis can all be regarded as indicators to Rosacea.
Rosacea can be flared up by a variety of triggers ranging from sun exposure, stress, alcohol, spicy foods, and hot beverages such as coffee. Medications and cosmetics with irritating ingredients and fragrances can also lead to an outbreak of Rosacea.
SUPPORTING & ENHANCING A LIFETIME OF HEALTHY SKIN
WHAT TO DO
- Practice good sun protection; DMK Soleil SPF 15+ daily
- Reduce stress levels
WHAT NOT TO DO
- Rubbing & harsh scrubs
- Steam rooms, saunas
- Irritating cosmetics
- Eat too much dairy
DMK ROSACEA TREATMENTS & PRODUCTS
EARLY TREATMENT IS THE KEY
Whilst Rosacea cannot be cured, it can be controlled. An effective treatment and Home Prescriptive products will dramatically reduce the symptoms and signs of rosacea.
DMK REDVEIN TREATMENT
DMK has been successfully treating Rosacea for more than 40 years.
The DMK methods of natural pharmacology do not work on the same basic principles as your beauty therapy style facials that focus on just calming the skin attempting to reduce the redness, they get to the core of the problem and addresses all the contributing factors that cause Rosacea. For a treatment to effectively improve Rosacea, it must be able to deal with the skin as a whole system.
Unique Characteristics and benefits of the DMK Rosacea skin revision treatments:
- Bacterial fighting agents work immediately to kill bacteria and the Demodex mite.
- Reduces inflammation, heat, and swelling in the skin.
- Re-establishes the skins barrier defence lines.
- Enhances the skins functioning, boosts the function of the immune system of the skin, increasing the skins resilience.
- Strengthens the skins structures. Encourages repair and restoration of cellular integrity. A stronger healthier skin is able to hold water and has a better defence system that is less likely to inflame.
DMK HOME PERCRIPTIVES
Clients must use an appropriate home care regime, to keep the results going on a daily basis and to support the skin and minimise flare-ups.
- EFA Ultra (4 Daily)
- Milk Cleanser (Daily use)
- Beta Gel Serum (Day use)
- Herb & Mineral Mist (Day use)
- Biogen C Crème (Day use)
- Soleil Defence SPF 50+ (Day use)
- Red Vein Crème (Night Only)
RED VEIN CRÈME
Red vein crème is a combination of plant-based active ingredients working in synergy to visibly reduce permanent and intermittent redness, flush the capillaries, and strengthen the capillaries walls. Benefits include:
- Visible reduction of redness
- Reduction of spider & thread veins
- Resistance of spider vein formation
- Increases the skin’s resistance to reddening & flushing
A gentle cleanser suitable for inflamed, reactive rosacea type skin conditions. It contains a blend of botanical cleansing agents including soybean extract, a herbal lipid that contains the eight essential amino acids, in a water base.
BETA GEL SERUM
A powerful immune boosting anti-inflammatory serum that includes B-Glucan a stimulator of the Langerhans cells. The Langerhans cells’ send long extensions called dendrites to the surface of the epidermis; they engulf any foreign bacteria or invasion into the skin. B-Glucans activate the Langerhans cells and initiate the immune and reparative functions of the skin both locally and systemically.